Neil is a civil litigator specializing in complex commercial litigation, insurance defence, judicial review, and appellate matters.
Neil has appeared before the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Human Rights Tribunal, and has made submissions before numerous other courts and tribunals including the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Neil volunteers on the board of the Calgary Arts Academy (a local Arts Immersion grade school).
Prior to joining Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP, Neil articled to a justice of the Federal Court of Appeal in Ottawa and practiced with an international law firm in Calgary.
- B.Sc., University of Alberta, 2008
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2012
- Dean’s List, University of Calgary – 2010, 2011
- Judith R. Norman Memorial Award – 2011
- Louise McKinney Scholarship – 2011
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2013
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2013
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Amicus Project, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Calgary Arts Academy, Director-at-Large