After completing his articles with a Calgary firm, Bruce MacLeod was called to the Alberta Bar in 1991. During his seven years with that firm, he maintained a general litigation practice, which included insurance defence, personal injury, and product liability claims.
For several years, Bruce practiced in the in-house legal department at a major insurer. While there, he maintained an insurance defence practice, focused primarily on automobile bodily injury and property claims. He was also involved with external and internal audits and presented several in-house seminars on selected topics.
In July of 2003, Bruce joined Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP and became a partner in 2006. At Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP, he has continued his general civil litigation practice with an emphasis on insurance defence including:
bodily injury claims;
product liability claims;
professional errors and omissions;
directors and officers liability;
commercial host/liquor liability;
subrogated claims; and
Bruce has appeared at all levels of the Courts in Alberta and has successfully conducted numerous JDRs and mediations.
He represents the firm within the Risk Management Counsel of Canada, an association of law firms across Canada that practice extensively in risk management and insurance defence.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Lethbridge, 1987
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Wales, 1990
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1991
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers Association
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Defence Research Institute
+ Career Highlights
- Worobetz v. Panorama Resorts (1993) 9 Alta. L.R. (3d) 38 (Q.B.)
- Conley v. Calgary Olympic Development Association (1996) No: 9401-14438 (Q.B.)
- Saad Johma v. Rajinder Pal Arshi and Checker Cabs (1996) No: 0301-00686 (Q.B.)
- Reed Blair Orr v. Glen Alan Housenga and the Municipal District of Willow Creek No. 26(2006) No.: 9906-00336 (Q.B.)
- Franklin v. Stankevich et al  A.W.L.D. 4706 (Q.B.)
- Davidson v. Blakely  A.W.L.D. 3310 (Q.B.)
- Cashman v. Bow Island Jubilee Golf Holdings  A.W.L.D. 3469 (Q.B.)
- Blue Ridge Excavating Ltd. v. Weber et al (2009)(Q.B.), unreported