Kate A.C. Kozowyk
LITIGATION INSURANCE CONDOMINIUM
D&O and E&O LIABILITY
Kate’s legal practice focuses on professional negligence matters, condominium law and personal injury matters, including social and commercial host liability. She has appeared at all levels of Court in Alberta, including the Alberta Court of Appeal and been involved in an Application for Leave to Appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Kate was born and raised in Calgary, and started to work for Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP (formerly Scott Venturo LLP) in 2003, while taking her undergraduate degree in History at the University of Victoria; whilst an undergraduate she also worked at a small law firm in Victoria. After working at Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP full time, she went to England to study at the College of Law at Braboeuf Manor, Guildford, and was awarded her Bachelor of Laws Degree in 2011. Kate was awarded the Pennington’s Michael Fellingham Memorial Prize for best student in Private Client and the Surrey Resolution Surrey Law Prize for best student in Family Law.
In 2012, Kate returned to Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP as an articling student and became an associate in 2013.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction), College of Law, Guildford UK, 2011
- FLSC National Committee on Accreditation, Certificate of Qualification, 2012
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2013
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Condominium Institute
- Young RMC (Risk Management Counsel of Canada) representative
- Law Society of England and Wales, Junior Lawyers division
- International Bar Association, Student Committee Member
- Association of Women Lawyers