Daniel (Dan) Horner obtained his law degree from the University of Saskatchewan in 1992. Upon graduation, he articled with a prominent firm in Calgary, completing his articles and remained an associate there until 1996 after which he joined Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP. Dan became a partner in 2000.
He has a sound corporate business sense. His corporate practice involves negotiating, structuring and financing complicated corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions in a wide variety of industries. He provides excellent strategic business planning advice to his clients and ensures his clients’ corporate governance requirements are met. His primary areas of practice include commercial, transactional, corporate finance, commercial and residential real estate, exempt market/private equity investment and energy law. In addition, Dan deals with intellectual property issues, including franchise law and trade-marks and is a registered Trade Mark Agent.
He represents the firm within Mackrell International, one of the world’s major networks of over 90 independent law firms that have more than 100 offices on the five continents.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance), University of Saskatchewan, 1991
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1992
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1993
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, Securities and Business Law Subsections
- Western Exempt Market Association, Firm Representative
+ Career Affiliations
- Has provided corporate and general counsel services for various private and public corporations and charitable organizations
- Has acted as a Director for a variety of private and public Corporations both domestic and international
- Past Lecturer in Civil Procedure at the Bar Admission Course