Born and raised in Calgary, Domenic Venturo obtained his law degree from the University Calgary in 1985. He was an associate and partner with a national firm before joining Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP in 2002. Dom has been a partner since 2003.
Domenic’s practice consists of general litigation in various areas in all levels of courts in Alberta. He has extensive experience in insurance defence, oil and gas, commercial and intellectual property litigation. He also has experience in professional negligence cases involving architects, financial advisors, stockbrokers, insurance agents/brokers and psychologists. His clients have included a number of manufacturers of motor vehicles, construction and agricultural related products. He frequently provides seminar instruction for clients on various topics of interest.
In 2006, Domenic was appointed Queen’s Counsel in recognition for his exceptional legal skills and contributions to the profession.
He represents the firm within the Risk Management Counsel of Canada, an association of law firms across Canada that practice extensively in risk management and insurance defence.
Domenic has a number of courses in mediation and alternative dispute resolution. He has acted as mediator in personal injury disputes and has considerable experience as an advocate in judicial mediations and mini-trials.
Domenic has also completed an intensive program in mediation and facilitating settlement at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine School of Law in Malibu, California.
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Standing), University Calgary, 1982
- Juris Doctor, University of Calgary, 1985
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1986
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2006
- Mediation Training, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, 2010
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, Insurance Law, Civil Litigation and Intellectual Property Law subsections
- Various charitable, cultural and minor sports organizations, including: - the Calgary Italian Sportsman’s Dinner Association - the Calgary International Film Festival - the Calgary Juventus Soccer Club
- Calgary International Film Festival, Past-President
- Calgary Italian Sportsman’s Dinner Association, President
+ Career Highlights
- Selected as one of the leading practitioners in Canada in the area of Personal Injury for 2012 by The Canadian Legal LEXPERT Directory
- Frequent lecturer to various professional groups on insurance, e-commerce and internet-related litigation